We’re closely monitoring the situation of COVID-19, and following the health and safety recommendations of the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
The CDC says that it is unlikely that the virus can survive long in transit. The risk of catching the virus from a package after experiencing varied shipping conditions is also low.
If you still want to take extra precautions when handling any packages, this is what health officials recommend:
- Open packages outside of your home—handle them with gloves, or disinfect with wipes first. If you can, allow packages to sit outside for 24 hours before opening.
- Dispose of packaging materials outside and do not bring them inside the home.
- Bring the contents of the package inside.
- Clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water. Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, or nose.
- Clean surfaces with a disinfectant to kill the potential presence of the virus.